Rejuvenating Antwerp's docklands
Q-Park Belgium opened the prestigious Q-Park Steendok car park on 3 December 2020. This car park is part of a larger development including a park and another underground car park (Q-Park Kooldok), planned for opening Spring 2022.
Added value for Antwerp
- reshaping disused docklands;
- repurposing public space;
- creating considerable parking capacity.
The spacious car park with room for about 1,000 cars and 125 bicycles is built within the walls of the former dock. A historical dock wall has been preserved and is visible on level -1.
The new parking facility will help rejuvenate the southern part of Antwerp which is home to museums, art galleries and trendy restaurants.
The car park also provides safe, secure and economic parking solutions for residents.
Customer friendly car park
All four underground levels have spaces for people with reduced mobility close to the pedestrian exits. EV charging is available on all levels and the bicycle parking area includes facilities for e-bike charging.
- Level -1: Diamond (Antwerp Diamond District)
- Level -2: Hand (Souvenir biscuits and chocolates)
- Level -3: Boat (Reference to Antwerp harbour)
- Level -4: Rubens (Sir Peter Paul Rubens was a Flemish artist and diplomat).
Figure 4 Bespoke Antwerp icons per parking level
- optimised energy-saving LED lighting;
- transparent pedestrian areas and entrances;
- many glass features including glass lift doors;
- light and open staircases.